Monday, February 10, 2014

Guidelines to a Fabulous & Stress Free Outfit Everyday

Getting all dolled up for special events or date nights with our sweeties is fun for all of us girls, but when it comes to cute outfits on the daily, most of us don't have the time. I know I'd rather have a few more precious hours of sleep then spend my mornings moving every piece of clothing from my closet to the bedroom floor. However, we still want (and deserve) to feel like the fabulous ladies we are right?!
So, I wanted to share with you my little tips and tricks that will help you feel fashionably chic on a day-to-day basis without having to give yourself a morning migraine.

1st: Stick to the basics.


I like to create a base wardrobe for myself. These items are my go-to pieces during the week. I start every quick and easy outfit with these pieces. Everything in my base wardrobe can be considered neutral basics that go with almost anything else in your closet. Once you decide what basics you like best, you can build your look from there.
Back to Basics


When I have no time to think before I dress myself in the morning, I build my outfits with these items:

  • Two Pairs of jeans in different washes and cuts (that I never tire of wearing)
  •  Classic white, gray, and black Tees (I prefer a more fitted , V-neck style, but you should choose a style that you feel best in.)
  • Cotton Black Maxi skirt
  • An easy daytime Little Black Dress
  • My favorite Leopard print flats (I feel like leopard is an awesome and fail-proof print to use as a neutral. it compliments almost every color and can be worm with black, brown, and white.)
  • A taupe or gray tote (these two colors go with just about anything)

2nd: Layer it up


When you pair a plain tee with an adorable pair of jeans or a comfy solid maxi skirt, your outfit possibilities are endless. Play around with your basics and the other clothes in your closet when you have a spare moment or two. I just know you have some fabulous pieces in there just waiting to be shown off.
you can add a bright cardigan or a black leather jacket and a scarf (in any color or print) and you have an instant outfit that's cute enough to meet a girlfriend for coffee and casual enough to run your daily errands.

no-brainer layers


3rd: Accessorize


Statement pieces are your new best friends. Throwing on a great necklace or bright scarf with any basic plain tee instantly brings your look alive.
One of my favorite tricks to use: Match your necklace to your shoes. The brighter the better. You have an instant pop of color and I guarantee you will be complimented on your great style sense at least once that day. When you're shopping for these pieces, remember to pick colors and prints you are drawn to, not what you think might be the hot color of the moment or what others may like. It's all about you feelin' fabulous!

Simply Layered


4th: Don’t be afraid...


 Layer your accessories. Two chunky necklaces, that compliment each other won't look overdone with just a plain tee and blazor. Be fearless girlfriend!

If you feel pretty in pastels try one of these little beauties...
Necklace Love: Pretty in Pastels


Or If you love brights, you'll definitely want to rock one of these...
Necklaces: Bright ideas


I Hope this post helps you simplify your morning wardrobe routine. These are the things that help me most when it comes to my style sanity; what helps you? Share your tips and tricks with me in the comment section below!

Kisses & Sugar,
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment