Sunday, February 16, 2014

February Ipsy Bag Review

 




For those of you who might not be familiar with Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription created by a beauty guru by the name of Michelle Phan (check her out on YouTube) that sends you a beauty bag each month filled with lovely little beauty goodies. The subscription is $10 a month and you usually get 4-5 full-size or deluxe sample size products.
 
February's Ipsy bag was all about "The Look of Love"


The products in these glam bags sent out each month will vary from Ipster to Ipster (that's the fun name Ipsy calls it's subscribers) based on the answers given in the beauty quiz you take upon subscription. If you have commitment issues, never fear, you can change your answers as many times as you desire until your heart's content.  
 
Monthly Ipsy Subscription Cost: $10.00
Total Retail Value of the Products in this Bag: $54.00

Here are the products I received this month and my thoughts on each of them:

POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini

Color: Fushia Freesia

Retails for: $16.00 
Being a fan of Pop Beauty's other products I've tried in the past I had high hope for this little gloss. Upon opening my Ipsy bag this was probably the product I was most excited to try however, my first application of this product brought mixed emotions. First for the good, the color is beautiful, vibrant and goes great with my skin tone. It goes on nice and even without much effort, and the color lays evenly on my lips, which is something I look for in a lip gloss. However, I don't really see or feel the plumping benefits it claims to have. Also, the smell and taste of this gloss is not very pleasant. I may have just gotten a lemon, but I have to regretfully admit mine smells more like a strong chemical of some kind than a pleasantly perfumed lip product. I haven't left it on long enough to find out if it's as long lasting as it claims, so I can't comment in that aspect, but I can confidently say I won't be purchasing this gloss anytime soon.

 

Zoya Nail Polish

Color: Odette
 
 
Retails for: $9.00
Who Doesn't love a new nail polish? I know I sure do! I am not a stranger to the Zoya nail polish so I already know I like this brand's formula. The light plum color I received in my ipsy bag is super adorable. I look forward to using it sometime very soon. This little item gets a perfectly manicured thumbs up from me.
 

Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base all in One

Color: Spiced Rum
 
Retails for: $18.00
This product is a totally new concept to me as far as eye shadow is concerned; and I think I kind of dig it. When I tried this liquid shadow I was a bit skeptical because cream shadows can be risky business BUT I really like this one. It's got a great pigment to it and it easily blended onto the eyelid. I think I might actually purchase this little magic eye wand in a few different shades.
 
 

J.Cat Eyelashes & Eyelash Glue

Style: EL213
 
Retails for: $3.99
These lashes are hands down my favorite item in my Ipsy bag this month. I can't attest to the glue that's included because I used my Duo lash glue (it's my one and only go-to lash glue and it never fails me.)  I really like the style Ipsy sent me, they look natural and I will DEFINITELY be purchasing more of these lovely lashes in the future.
 

Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava Body Butter

2.5 FL OZ
 
Retails for: $7.00
 Before I tell you about this lotion, I have to tell you that Pacifica always wins in by book. 100% vegan products and animal cruelty free; this brand's gotta a whole lot of heart. I'm not a big fan of tropical scents, but this is one I actually like. I look forward to throwing this in may handbag this summer because it's the perfect beachy fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment