Monday, July 14, 2014

Bright Florals on the Savannah Riverwalk


 


As we made our way to North Carolina this past week the weather was not being very cooperative (Hurricane Arthur was no ones friend on the east coast this last 4th of July weekend,) so we decided to play it safe, stay off the roads during the rainy weather, and make an extra stop along the way. We ended up in Augusta Georgia which is right on the border of Georgia and South Carolina, and happens to sit delightfully at the fall line of the beautiful Savannah River.

The hotel we stayed in for the night was located right next to the Riverwalk Augusta park which looked like something straight out of a Reece Witherspoon movie, so naturally we had to explore.

This little slice of southern heaven was way too beautiful not to share a few non-fashion related picture with you all. Travis and I watched the sunset on the river that evening and it was simply breathtaking.


There was a pink house sitting along the other side of the river bank nestled in between all the other charming homes that lined the great Savannah. So, if you know me, then you know that it immediately caught my attention. I now officially want a pink house; I don't care if it sits by a lake, a river, on a beach, or just down an old dirt road, but I want one. 
 We decided to eat dinner at a lovely restaurant attached to the hotel, so I took the opportunity to wear a fun and flirty floral dress (which I happen to have found at Marshall's.) I brought this adorable little number along on this trip with me because I thought it would be the perfect summer dress for all that humid southern weather. We chose to eat on the patio so we could take in the scenery and so sweet Minky could join us of course. Our waitress was so sweet she even brought Minky a bowl of water to enjoy as she lounged in the chair next to mine. (yes I know, my dog is a tad spoiled.)
 
This sun hat that has lived in my closet longer than I can remember, balances out the pop of pink on my feet.
I am so in love with the bow detail on the back of this little sun-dress.
 
 
I decided to add a bright green handbag to bring out the playful colors in the dress. This one is Marc by Marc Jacobs.

These suede pink heels by Jessica Simpson have been a long time favorite of mine.
I had to throw in this last shot because I just thought the reflection of the Savannah River in my newest Ray-Ban sunnies is way too cool not to share.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
xo. Brit
 

4 comments:

  1. I just love this dress and the hot pink adds a fun feel for summer! The scenery is beautiful too!
    Cheers
    Casually Chic by Monique
    Find me at : bloglovin' | facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Monique! That's so funny you left a comment here, I was just about to do the same on your blog! I just looked at your link-up post on Bows and Depos and thought it was adorable! love you blog doll!

    xoxo,
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such pretty photos! Loving the pops of hot pink in this look.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your styling! Have a beautiful day!

    withlovefromkris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete